And, I have learned to make MANY new things, like:
- nut flour
- nut milk
- coconut milk (way too easy - check out recipes here and here)
- grain-free scones (that are amazing, I might add).
- jerky (from marked down buffalo - and it was yummy, too.)
- fruit leather
- "crispy nuts"
- pancakes from squash (who knew - you will hardly notice the difference)
- "cali-spuds" also known as creamed cauliflower or "fauxtatoes" like these
- homemade marshmallows
Unfortunately, GAPS isn't intended to address either anxiety or sensory issues. And, for us, it hasn't helped. Honestly, I was hoping it would; really hoping. Even so, it helping many issues that we didn't even know needed to be addressed. And, I'm starting to really have fun with the process. Never what one could consider a "domestic goddess" before, it is very fun to be able to make so many items for my family. It is fun to be learning more about nutrition and health, and to see the direct connection between what I eat and how I feel.
In the next few days, I'm hoping to post photos of some of what we've made recently. And, I'll be sharing my adventure with making kvass, borscht, kefir (which I'm a little nervous about trying).